Plant Pathologists and Entomologists from the WA Department of Agriculture and Food delivered a webinar in December 2014 on Pest and Disease research results and seasonally topical crop protection issues. The webinar recording can be viewed below.
The webinar provided valuable information to anybody associated with grains production in WA.
The webinar included the following presentations:
- Introduction – DAFWA Pest and Disease Update December 2014 – Dominie Wright
- 2014 the season that was – Geoff Thomas
- Cereal root disease management: Rhizoctonia and crown rot – Daniel Huberli
- Resistant redlegged earthmites – Svetlana Micic
- Industry impact of barley leaf rust pathotype discovered in 2013 – Kithsiri Jayasena
- Wheat leaf rust – Geoff Thomas
Geoff describes the disease situation in the 2014 season in Western Australia including management recommendations for 2015.
Daniel describes field trial results for managing Rhizoctonia and Crown Rot.
Svetlana talks about the geographic distribution and types of insecticide resistance in redlegged earthmites and management options.
Kithsiri talks about barley leaf rust, variety choice and the value of adult plant resistance.
Geoff outlines the new leaf rust pathotype, the impact and management.