Register now for the 2019 Australian Fertilizer Industry Conference. Early bird registration closes at midnight on July 26.
When: 4–6 September 2019.
Where: RACV Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast.
With a diverse conference program, just some of the topics of interest include:
Fertilizer application technology
- The potential for potassium fertilizer to increase Australian grain production – Dr Rob Norton.
- Likely future gains in precision agriculture in grains and sugarcane – Dr Rob Bramley, CSIRO.
- The potential of legume-based pastures & P fertilizer to increase grazing productivity in the Brigalow Belt region – Gavin Peck, QLD DAF.
Technology and agribusiness
- Digital farming and new technologies in soil and crop nutrition – Dr Mike Brier, Food Agility CRC.
- Technology to improve soil and plant sampling – Peter Brick, Decipher.
Market opportunities and outlook
- Future potential for grain growing in northern Australia – Brondwen Maclean, CRC for Developing Northern Australia.
- The Kalium lakes potash project – Brett Hazelden, Kalium Lakes.
Public policy and economics
- What can the fertilizer industry learn from Roundup? Matthew Cossey, Croplife Australia.
More Profit from Nitrogen
On Friday September 6, take a field trip to Wollongbar Agricultural Institute to hear the latest insights from the More Profit from Nitrogen Program (MPfN). MPfN is researching ways to improve Nitrogen Use Efficiency (NUE) in cotton, dairy, horticulture (tree crops) and sugar, while maintaining profitability and sustainable practices. Research leaders will share their latest insights and how they might impact N fertilizer, soil and agronomy advice.