In this episode of GRDC Communities, Tony Cox interviews Mark Gherardi from Summit Fertilizers about the importance of nutrition after amelioration. They discuss methods of combating soil acidity, and the effects of amelioration programs on nutrient availability. Mark describes the range of things growers can do to address soil constraints; all of which are about providing a substrate for your plants to grow best.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Methods for ameliorating your soils
- The effects of liming programs on nutrient availability
- Results from soil testing on ameliorated soils.
Follow our Podcast
Join the Conversation
If you are a new listener to GRDC Communities, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Ask an Expert page and let us know how we can help you today!
Check Out More
- Manage pH for profit
- How soil inversion can turn the tables on soil constraints
- Does incorporating lime boost fertiliser response?
- Do you need lime and potassium? Apply both