Ross Brennan from DAFWA talks about a current micronutrient project funded by the GRDC as part of the More Profit from Crop Nutrition II Program.
Recent GRDC funded research in Western Australia showed that both foliar sprays and nutrient applications to soil are very effective in correcting micronutrient deficiencies in crops. Applying micronutrients to soil has an additional longer term residual effect by placing the nutrients in the soil.
- GRDC Driving Agronomy podcast on the national micronutrient project aligned with Ross Brennan’s work, with researcher Nigel Wilhelm
- GRDC Crop Nutrition fact sheet on micronutrients
- GRDC media article, June 2015 Tips and tools for potassium and micronutrient management in WA.
- GRDC media article, August 2015 Micro managing nutrients for higher yields
- GRDC’s Wheat GrowNote
- International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI) Nutrient Deficiency Images Application (App)
Ross Brennan, DAFWA, Mark Conyers NSW DPI and Rob Norton IPNI.